The Fictitious Life of Elizabeth Black | a notebook.

Thursday, June 8, 2017

The History Boys

This book reached out and took me by the hand, and was the highlight of my final year of high school. For a time there, I practically had this book memorised I read it so much.
The perfection of this play will never fade for me, and I don't want it to.
So, luckily, the movie was a perfect rendition of the play. And the trailer below does a great job of mashing the movie together.



Furthermore, 
I knew I could count on Alain De Botton's video to use the correct pronunciation of Nietzsche's video. I just didn't think it'd be as explicit! I think Dakin would have appreciated the breakdown too.
Dakin: ”I’ve been reading this book by Kneeshaw.”
”Kneeshaw... Frederick Kneeshaw.”
Scripps: ”I think that’s pronounced Nietzsche."
Dakin, referring to Hector: “He let me call him Kneeshaw.”


And the oft quoted gobbet from the play, if only people read/ watched it as much as they quoted it.

No comments:

Post a Comment